One of my new pinhole photographs is included in LightBox Photographic Gallery’s “Plastic Fantastic Show IV.” It was juried by Susan Burnstine. The show runs from June 8th to July 6th, and there appears to be an opening from 6-9 on Saturday, June 8th. In a weird twist of fate I’ve just relocated to Portland, Oregon and will be able to attend the opening, as Astoria is only an hour and a half away.
In a further nod to my budding luddite, these images will never appear on-line, so you’ll have to see them in a show, or in the box in my closet.
This is what happens with Nelson Gold Tone and Ilford warm tone fiber paper. First is untoned, then toned for 6 minutes, then for 12. Continue reading “Nelson Gold Toner”
Here’s the links to the book reviews I’ve written for photo-eye in Santa Fe, New Mexico:
- Passage, Photographs by Linda Foard Roberts.
- Resonantia, Photographs & sound by Louviere + Vanessa.
- M, Photographs by Misha Pedan.
- The Hereditary Estate, Photographs by Daniel W. Coburn.
- The Home Stage, Photographs by Jessica Todd Harper.
- On a Wet Bough, Photographs by Keliy Anderson-Staley.
- Slow Talk. Photographs by Bohnchang Koo.
- Art Fare. Photographs by Andy Freeberg.
- Bücher Books. Photographs by Boris Mikhailov.
- So Far. Photographs by Sonja Braas.
- The City. Photographs by Lori Nix.
- Mitakuye Oyasin. Photographs by Aaron Huey.
- Remains. Photographs by Ivan Pinkava.
- Gila. Photographs by Michael P. Berman.
- Cancellations. Photographs by Thomas Barrow.
- Sunburn. Photographs by Chris McCaw. Text by Allie Haeusslein, Katherine Ware.
- Artist Book. By Ori Gersht.
- The Half-Life of History:The Atomic Bomb and Wendover Air Base. Photographs by Mark Klett. Text by William L. Fox.
- Aftermath. Photographs by Jörn Vanhöfen
- Double Life. Photographs by Kelli Connell. Text by Susan Bright. Interview by Dawoud Bey.
- Natural Habitats. Photographs by Massimo Vitali.
- 1h. Photographs by Hans-Christian Schink. Text by Michael Pidwirny.
- Earth Now. Edited by Katherine Ware.
- Desire for Magic. Photographs by Patrick Nagatani. Edited by Michele M. Penhall.
- Working the Line. Photographs by David Taylor.
- Mercy Mercer. Photographs by Derek Henderson.